“Waffles are just awesome bread”. – John Green
So come to think of this quote – a panini pressed in a waffle maker should be an awesome one as well?
My kitchen is way too small to fit my pursuit of culinary experiments – I try to work with what is there and surprisingly enough have employed creativity in finding space to accommodate more utensils, equipment and plates. Maybe paninis in a waffle maker don’t top someone else’s creativity with that, but I am working on it.
* Fresh tomatoes
* Basil pesto, home made mayo or mustard for a more savoury taste
Talking about cheese – I would have loved to go with something like brie, gorgonzola, pecorino romano or any other kind that melts well, but I do have an issues of lactose intolerance, therefore went with aged cow’s cheese. By the way, a little bit Off-Topic, check out how many cheeses there are just in french cuisine alone and then if that’s not too much, check out list of italian cheeses! It didn’t melt as pretty, but it sure was good.
Other versions to try:
- Gorgonzola, pears and crushed toasted walnuts
- Pesto, tomatoes and mozarella
- Ricotta, grated parmigiano, spinach and a bit of garlic
- Feta, tomatoes, black olives and slices of red onion
- Feta, avocado and harissa paste