Everything is better with cream!
Not necessarily very lean, but cream does put almost anything in a better perspective. I’m not much of a fan of food floating in very rich and creamy sauces. Yet sometimes a similar result may be achieved with less cream and a combination of different ingredients.
A few days ago decided to treat the family with something that would contain a ton of flavours for dinner. When it comes to meat, they do like chicken a lot. What may serve as a better compliment than two people eating and almost purring.
This dish is a no brainer in terms of time and consistency. Very little chance of making the chicken dry or tasteless.
Chicken in killer cream and sun dried tomato sauce
- 4 Chicken thighs with bone and skin-on
- ~150 g Chopped sun dried tomatoes in olive/sunflower oil
- 50 g Grated parmigiano
- 100 ml Cream
- 500 ml Chicken broth
- 4 cloves Chopped garlic
- 1-2 tbsp Fresh thyme
- 1 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan and fry chicken, 5 minutes per side, until golden and crispy.
- Remove chicken. Using the same frying pan, add chopped garlic, fresh thyme and crushed red pepper flakes for a few minutes. Make sure the garlic doesn’t fry too much – once it turns brown, it becomes a bit bitter.
- Pour in the broth and cream, add sun dried tomatoes and parmigiano. Mix everything.
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Pour the sauce into a baking dish and bring back the chicken. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Best served with potatoes of your choice – wedges, fries, baked.
For a lighter version, use lighter cream and less parmigiano.
It would be as tasty served with plain rice.
Experiment with the amount of sun dried tomatoes – they do go very well with cream!